Care at home - adults
If you want to live an independent life in your own home but feel you may need extra help and support, our care support service can support you to live an independent life.
As an organisation that has care at its heart, DABD always puts the needs of our clients first and we pride ourselves on offering a high quality service.
Our staff receive initial and on-going training to ensure that they care they provide is of a high standard.
Our service is tailored to your needs. We will ask you what you feel you need in terms of support and you will be able to make decisions about your own care. This includes your needs, what is important to you and your likes and dislikes.
Examples of the care we can provide include:
- Help with personal care (bathing, grooming, washing and dressing)
- Help with meals and feeding
- Reminding or assisting you to take your medication (medication prompts)
- Help to get in and out of bed
- Preparing light meals and snacks
- Night care – sleeping nights and waking nights
- Sitting service
- Cleaning, shopping and laundry (see ‘Help with housework’)
- Support to attend social activities or appointments – trips out, going for a walk, visiting family or friends or attending doctor’s or hospital appointments
- Specialised care for people with high levels of need
A support worker can come and sit with you to keep you company to enable your family to go out or to have some time to themselves away from their caring role.
We offer overnight care support services for adults where the support worker stays overnight in the room.
For the sleeping nights service, the support worker will stay overnight and be on-hand if the need arises. They will be expected to get a reasonable night’s sleep.
This service is for client’s who are expected to wake up more than twice a night for reasons such as changing positioning or toileting needs.