We are in need of a Driver, whose role will be to transport service users to and from various home addresses and community facilities.
Monday – Sunday 40 hours per week.
The perfect candidate would be
- To be reliable and punctual
- To be patient, calm, positive, flexible and be able to work under pressure.
- To deal sensitively with service users and their carers, respecting their dignity and rights to confidentiality at all times.
- To be able to react quickly in the event of an emergency evacuation from the vehicle.
- To be able to work in a team
- To undertake training as required
- To use equipment safely and appropriately, as trained.
Desirable but not essential:
- Vocational D1 driving licence
- Previous experience of driving a minibus
- MiDAS Certificate (training will be provided)
- Knowledge of disability related issues (training will be provided)
- An understanding of the effects of poor transport provision on those with mobility restrictions either because of social isolation or disability
- Previous experience of working within a transport related occupation
*If you passed your full driving test prior to 1st January 1997 your driving licence should display category D101.
Please call HR on 020 8592 8603 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can find a copy of our Employment Application Form here, which you can complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org