This project, run in partnership with Serco with funding from the Department of Work and Pensions, supports families living in Barking & Dagenham, Havering and Waltham Forest, who find themselves at a disadvantage
These families often face multiple barriers in their lives and individuals may find it difficult to access opportunities or find employment.
We aim to work closely with the whole family, alongside other family support services, to support individuals to become job ready and find sustained employment.
We do this by offering support tailored to each person. Our advisers help with job searches and completing application forms as well as offering coaching in confidence building and interview techniques.
- Member of a Family*
- 16 or over
- Unemployed or inactive
- Facing multiple barriers:
- Parents/children involved in crime or anti social behaviour
- Children whose school attendance causes concern to school or other agencies
- Children considered in need or subject to child protection plan
- Families affected by domestic violence or abuse
- Parents or children with a range of health problems and/or disabilities
*Definition of Family:
Constituting at least two people of which one may be a dependant
- A group of people where there is a clear family relationship, not necessarily by blood or any other formal partnership
- Family do not necessarily have to be living in the same house
- Ex partnerships may still qualify to members treated as family, if there is a continuing relationship affected by the families’ difficulties
Call the ESE team on 020 8215 9770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.